Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Heart NYC!!!



Dear Mom and Dad,
     Susie and I are having a terrific time on our honeymoon in the “Big Apple” (that’s what REAL New Yorkers call NYC!!!). We’ve only been here a week but we already feel like we’ve seen everything! We fit right in, we bought “I Heart NY” gear just like the real New Yorkers wear! There’s so much here, I don’t even know where to start.
       The nightlife! It’s amazing! Especially The Times Square, there’s so many lights! It’s like every night is a celebration! And there’s SO MANY great restaurants. They have an Olive Garden and a TGI Fridays! It’s the best food I’ve ever eaten! (Just kidding mom, I love your pot roast!). Oh, and the buildings here are really tall. I can’t believe it! I can stretch my neck all the way back and just be able to make out the top of it!!
      Everyone here is super super nice. They hand us free slips of paper! We’ve met a lot of people from the Midwest, just like us! Isn’t that strange? And it’s super diverse! We’ve seen black and Hispanic people! Quite the Melting Pot!! The only mean people we've met are on the subway train. It's almost as if they don't want to help us figure out where we're going.
       But I gotta say, there’s so much walking to do here. Four blocks is like a mile, so let me tell ya, I’m about ready to collapse after 10 blocks! Susie and I already figured out the way the city is laid out. At first we couldn’t figure out if the numbers got bigger or smaller as you went north, and then there’s the business of the streets that run up and down. Let me tell you, you’ve practically got to be a rocket scientist to navigate this city!! Good thing I got my good ol college degree!
      Once we got the street system down, there was no stopping us. We saw where Home Alone 2 was filmed! We saw the Grand train station with where all the city people take trains! We walked through the Central Park! There’s horses there! 
       We asked where we could find “Real New York City Pizza,” but it took a while because the people here walk so darn fast that it’s hard to keep up!!! Eventually, we found a Papa John’s and it’s true, the pizza here is AMAZING!!! SOOO GOOOOD! Once we get back, Susie and I will be craving “Real New York City Pizza” something awful!!!
       Since we know everything so well, we feel like venturing out. There’s this place called Staten Island that we’re gonna go visit tomorrow. An island! It sounds so exotic and tropical! I should wear my flip flops.
         Well, I gotta go now, Susie and I are gonna go eat at Planet Hollywood! Just like where all the movie stars eat! Love you, see you when we get back!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment