Tuesday, December 27, 2011

FAKE NEWS: Child Receives No Christmas Presents, Family Sues Santa


    On Sunday morning, millions of children awoke to find presents from Santa Claus piled high beneath their Christmas trees. But for 11-year-old Billy Prescott, the only thing beneath his tree was the floor of his family home in Faketown, Connecticut.
     “I don’t understand,” said Prescott “I was good all year. I was sure Santa would come.”
     The boy’s parents, Roger and Helen Prescott, were equally baffled. “I helped Billy make cookies for Santa this year and everything,” said Mrs. Prescott “We had fully prepared for Mr. Claus’ arrival.”
     “Look, something is wrong here,” said Mr. Prescott, “Billy is 11 years old and this is the only year that Santa hasn’t come. Something needs to be done about this.”
      When reached for comment, Mr. Claus defended his actions. “Little Billy Prescott has everything!” said Claus, “His family is loaded, and there was nothing else to give him.”
       Claus’ claim is based on his observation of Billy over the past year. In that time Billy has acquired the latest 3D virtual video games, an amusement park, his own home, several cars that he is not able to drive, and a zoo.
       “What else was I supposed to get him?” asked Claus, “I’m only one person. The elves and I tried to create several new toys for Billy but by the time we had finished, Billy had already gotten them.”
        The Prescotts are not accepting this excuse. According to Billy, he had proceeded with his Christmas preparations as he always had. “I made Santa a list and everything,” said Billy “There were plenty of things I wanted this year.”
       According to Claus, Billy’s list was inappropriate. “The child asked for human slaves!” said Claus “That goes against everything I believe in morally. Human slavery in unacceptable, that’s why I use elves.”
       The Prescotts have decided to take legal action against Claus for his unwillingness to fulfill their son’s Christmas wish.
      “My son was on the Nice List,” said Mrs. Prescott, “Isn’t is Santa’s job to give him what he wants?”
        In addition to acquiring several slaves for Billy, the Prescotts are hoping to also have Claus terminated. “The man is completely incompetent,” said Mr. Prescott “He needs to know that if he doesn’t do his job there will be consequences.”
        The lawsuit places Claus in a very awkward position. He has held the same job position for almost 2000 years now and was looking forward to a nice, quiet retirement. “I’m only three years away from my pension,” said Claus, “I can’t lose this job.”
         Additionally, since Claus is without a successor in place, if he is terminated the world will be forced to cancel Christmas, leaving little Billy along with millions of other children around the world without the slaves they had been hoping for all year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment